I am a graduate student at UFRJ (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro).
My current area is Geometry and Topology. Specifically, I'm studying the free loop space of globally symmetric spaces and its homology in the specific case of CROSS's (Compact Rank One Symmetric Spaces).
My main interests reside in the following areas:
- Set Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Functional Analysis
- Measure Theory
I also like music, and I'm a huge fan of guitarist John Frusciante.
I have a blog, on which I post something every once in a millennium: http://aloiziomacedo.weebly.com/
You can contact me at aloiziomacedo AT gmail DOT com.
Top Network Posts
- 30Is this theorem already in existence?
- 11Why is it natural to look for solutions involving dimensionless quantities?
- 10Why isn't this a valid argument to the "proof" of the Axiom of Countable Choice?
- 9Why are the fundamental theorems of calculus usually associated to the Riemann Integral?
- 8A manifold such that its boundary is a deformation retract of the manifold itself.
- 8What is $0\div0\cdot0$?
- 8Is it too much rigor to turn a set into a vector space?
- View more network posts →