I am a graduate student at UFRJ (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro).
My current area is Geometry and Topology. Specifically, I'm studying the free loop space of globally symmetric spaces and its homology in the specific case of CROSS's (Compact Rank One Symmetric Spaces).
My main interests reside in the following areas:
- Set Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Functional Analysis
- Measure Theory
I also like music, and I'm a huge fan of guitarist John Frusciante.
I have a blog, on which I post something every once in a millennium: http://aloiziomacedo.weebly.com/
I also have two books in development, one where I motivate the study of Category Theory by developing it through its uses in the studies of the objects of Linear Algebra, at the same time also providing a structural view of Linear Algebra. You can see it here. The other one is a Real Analysis book, which you can see here.
You can contact me at aloiziomacedo AT gmail DOT com.
Top Network Posts
- 30Is this theorem already in existence?
- 20What are Different Approaches to Introduce the Elementary Functions?
- 11Why isn't this a valid argument to the "proof" of the Axiom of Countable Choice?
- 11Why is it natural to look for solutions involving dimensionless quantities?
- 11Infinity-to-one function
- 11I know there are three real roots for cubic however cubic formula is giving me non-real answer. What am I doing wrong?
- 10Why are the fundamental theorems of calculus usually associated to the Riemann Integral?
- View more network posts →