Scientist turned systems engineer by day, I enjoy recreational math, esp. mental approximations and properties related to the prime factorization of a number (e.g., # of divisors, powerful numbers, smooth numbers). I'm also interested when half-integers share a property of integers, such as Pronic numbers, which are essentially the squares of half-integers. For something else intriguing, check out the Sacks number spiral.
Top Network Posts
- 14Producing my own energy options in urban area with windows but no roof access?
- 13What is an energy efficient way to get fresh air indoors during winter?
- 13Teaching mathematics to young children
- 9Should I take advantage of the higher heat pump COP during the warmest part of the day and "bank" heat in the house?
- 9What advantages (any?) has water heating via photovoltaic system over solar thermal system?
- 9Can I prepay a Credit Card to make a Large Purchase greater than my credit limit?
- 5When does using a car's start-stop system become more economical?
- View more network posts →