Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems. Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previosly in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms. Deeply worried about the ITEP very unfortunate situation: http://saveitep.org http://n-vetlitskaya.livejournal.com/241846.html Leading Russian research center is in danger. More than 850 scientists signed letter to president and prime-minister asking for help. Fields medalists M. Atiyah, L. Lafforgue, E. Witten, Nobel Prize winner D. Gross, mathematicians A. Beilinson, I. Cherednik, B. Dubrovin, P. Etingof, B. Feigin, A. Kirillov, I. Krichever, N. Reshetikhin, E. Vinberg, physicists J. Cardy (Oxford), M. Douglas, J. Froehlich, J. Maldacen (IAS), N. Nekrasov(IHES, ITEP), B. de Wit, are among them. You can join support letter here: https://sites.google.com/site/itep2012/english
Nature, 27.01.2012 , Geoff Brumfiel 'Russian physicists protest government consolidation' http://www.nature.com/news/russian-physicists-protest-government-consolidation-1.9921
Top Network Posts
- 64Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 59The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 37The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- 33Open problems/questions in representation theory and around?
- 32papers archives? (especially not indexed by google)
- 26Why does bosonic string theory require 26 spacetime dimensions?
- 20Noteworthy achievements in and around 2010?
- View more network posts →