PhD candidate in computer science at Brigham Young University, studying programming languages for probabilistic modeling and inference. Current topics of interest: formal languages, foundations of mathematics, measure-theoretic probability, applied probability, topology, and computation in the limit.
In my spare time, I learn piano arrangements of great music from video games. Current favorite composers: Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross), and Koji Kondo and his protégés (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario). These guys are terrific.
Top Network Posts
- 15Catastrophic cancellation in logsum
- 14Fields of mathematics that were dormant for a long time until someone revitalized them
- 11Is there a least-fixed-point formulation of inaccessible cardinals?
- 11Is there a "disjoint union" sigma algebra?
- 11Iterative refinement algorithm for computing exp(x) with arbitrary precision
- 10Scott's stochastic lambda calculi
- 8How to prove an extension of ZFC is conservative
- View more network posts →