Consultant (environmental and spatial stats a specialty), expert witness, and teacher. I can be reached through (outdated but still valid) links posted on my web site.
Twitter: @WilliamAHuber // ASA-P website: http://amstatphilly.org/
The statistician must take the time and trouble in the early stages to understand the client's problem, and what it means to him.
--W. Edwards Deming, Principles of Professional Statistical Practice (1965).
Top Network Posts
- 300How to measure the accuracy of latitude and longitude?
- 195Is $R^2$ useful or dangerous?
- 154How would you explain covariance to someone who understands only the mean?
- 132How to understand degrees of freedom?
- 105Bottom to top explanation of the Mahalanobis distance?
- 98Making sense of principal component analysis, eigenvectors & eigenvalues
- 95Can a probability distribution value exceeding 1 be OK?
- View more network posts →